Being a real estate agent can be extremely demanding on your
time. Your afternoons and evenings are ideally eaten up by home showings as
your clients want to get out and look at houses after they get off work. So
that means there are days that REALTORS® have to get done more by noon than
most people accomplish all day. So how can you get the most out of your
mornings? Here’s a few tips that’ll make sure you hit the ground running every
- Schedule your day the night before – One of the most productive ways to manage your time is the classic to-do list. It doesn’t matter if this is an app on your phone or simply the classic pen and scratch paper you need to keep one. However, most of us make the mistake of making our to-do list when we start work each morning. You’ll have better luck if you make it the night before.
- Clean your office – Clutter creates distractions. Keep your workspace clean and organized to help you stay focused.
- Stick to your schedule – Don’t let your time get away from you. Map out a realistic schedule and stick to it.
- Try wearing headphones – Headphones cut out distractions and can help you focus on the task at hand.
- Reach your flow – Flow is the point where you are completely involved in a task and focused on it. This can take up to 20 minutes, so if you’re feeling uninspired, give it some time.
- Make a 60-second decision — It will be just as good and take less time.
- Start with your toughest assignments – If you get your biggest, ugliest task done first, it won’t be hanging over your head all day, and your day will be more productive.
- Do any writing early on – Writing can be one of the most mentally demanding tasks, so make sure to write that home summary first thing while you’re fresh and awake.
- Try to avoid car time – Face it, REALTORS® spend enough time in a car as it is. So try to avoid commutes whenever possible. Traffic is one of the biggest stresses in life and can have you showing up to the office or an appointment completely frazzled.
- Make yourself comfortable – Do whatever you need to do to make sure you’re comfortable and focused. Your environment needs to be set up for your success.
- Reward yourself – From time to time, it’s important to just treat yourself. So set a timer or the number of tasks you’re going to accomplish. Then, when it’s done, TREAT YOURSELF, because you deserve it.